Do you want to be my colleague?
As Senior Policy Advisor at the Swedish Forest Industries Federation (SFIF) you engage in EU policy development to influence and secure outcomes for our members.
You will work at our Brussels office supporting our colleagues in Stockholm in advocacy. While doing this, you manage and develop relations with multiple Brussels interfaces, such as the EU institutions, trade organizations, NGOs and media. We offer you to represent an industry that truly makes a difference in reaching a climate-neutral, resource efficient and circular society.
Examples of duties:
- You present SFIF positions in various relevant arenas, such as at events, thereby contributing to raise awareness about the positions within the EU policy making system.
- You contribute to a professional policy monitoring, which allows SFIF to be one step ahead in identifying issues of importance.
- You actively contribute to build strong networks in Brussels with the aim of identifying potential synergies and collaborations.
- You contribute to SFIF’s EU communication activities and to arrange professional events and meetings in Brussels.
- You work in close cooperation with colleagues at the Brussels office. You also cooperate closely with all relevant SFIF staff at the Stockholm office, such as management, communication specialists and policy experts, as well as with member company representatives.
- We offer a permanent employment contract, which will be settled under Belgian law and include a competitive renumeration package.
- We offer you to represent an industry that truly makes a difference in reaching a climate-neutral, resource efficient and circular society.
- You will have the opportunity to expand your industrial and business knowledge as well as your professional public affairs network. We expect you to contribute in shaping the role.
- We offer a flexible work environment with fast and dynamic decision making, where you will be stimulated and encouraged to continuously develop yourself. Our workplace and internal communication style are informal.
- We believe in setting clear objectives on what to achieve, but you will then be given a large degree of freedom and responsibility.
- The place of work is the premises of the Confederation of Swedish Enterprise at Rue du Luxembourg 3 in Brussels.
- At least five years of postgraduate professional experience.
- A Master’s Degree, for instance in law, political science, technology or economics.
- Hands-on experience of working within the EU policy system, for instance at an EU institution.
- High-level communication skills, both written and public-speaking formats.
- Proven project, organizational and teamwork skills.
- Proven ability to manage and analyze large amounts of information.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Ability to understand and communicate in a Scandinavian language.
- Proficiency in working digitally.
- Experience from working in a business and/or industrial organization.
- Knowledge about forest-based value chains.
- Experience in event organization and management.
- Experience from working in an international environment, particularly working across different cultures and languages.
- Willingness to travel within the EU, mainly to Sweden.
Information about SFIF
The Swedish Forest Industries Federation (SFIF) represents the Swedish forest industry, which offers numerous solutions for a sustainable and climate-neutral society. SFIF members refine wood resources to bio-based products, such as pulp, paper, board, packaging material, textiles, sawn timber, refined wood products and advanced biofuels. The core business for SFIF members is industrial activities based on wood sourced from sustainably managed forests. Among SFIF members are also some of the largest European forest owners.
On behalf of its members, SFIF engages in EU policy development in areas such as circular bioeconomy, climate, energy, environment, forest, transport, products, research, innovation and trade. As of September 2019, SFIF is permanently represented in Brussels and the office currently consists of two people. SFIF is now seeking to further expand by taking onboard a third team member.