Wooden housing is ideally suited for industrial production.
- Wood is a lightweight material, but also strong and flexible with great load-bearing capacity. These are ideal qualities for building material.
- Wood is ideally suited for industrialised production, enabling better control of resource efficiency, quality, costs, logistics and workplace environment.
- Assembling on site shortens the total construction time at the building site. This means less disturbance for the surrounding neighbourhood thanks to less transportation, noise and pollution.
- Industrialised wooden buildings create new job opportunities in rural areas. And the factories offer a clean and healthy workplace environment.
- The raw material, wood, stores carbon throughout its life cycle. Growing forests produce oxygen and sequester carbon dioxide.
- Wood is the only renewable building material that can be industrially engineered using processes that are energy-efficient and fossil-free.